damp proof plaster

i was wondering if there was a type of plasticiser that you can mix into either hardwall or browning to help damp proof the walls of my lounge? ( whick is back to bare brick)




No - Hardwall or Browning are not designed to use in damp situations.

You could use a sand & cement, sand & lime or a special renovating plaster. However it is very difficult to 'hold back' damp as if you're not careful you will force it somewhere else.

Better if you can to find out what is causing the damp and fix it. Another option is to use sand & lime mix in the ratio of 3:1 (followed by 3:2 for skim coat) as this will let the walls breathe rather than sealing the damp in and causing a problem elsewhere.


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to General Help.