Skim Beads Video

There are two main types of bead for external corners: Standard Angle Bead for use with the backing coat, & Skim Bead (Thin Coat Bead) which is used if just a Finish Coat is required.

Back to Online Plastering School

Thin Coat or Skim Bead

This is for walls that require the finish coat to be applied. Very easy to stick up - fix tight and squarely onto the corner with drywall screws, plaster or gripfill.